Thursday, August 9, 2018

Sketchy Guy

It seems people want to know what our trail names are. Our Hollywood name mash-up is Jebra, so there is that, but I always liked the double entendre of Sketchy Guy for me.

Although it can be an inconvenience for my companions, when I am visiting new places I like to find interesting things to sketch. It is a skill I picked up in college studying architecture that I like to put to use when we travel. These are quick, guestural sketches that try to capture a place quickly - usually 10 or 15 minutes worth.

Here are a few from the first 5 days. Enjoy...












5 comments:

  1. You definitely need to save all those sketches and put them together with all your pictures to keep and cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. I couldn't make a stick figure drawing in 10 minutes let alone anything worthy of being called art. You've got some skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way. "Unknown" is Emma Battle.

    ReplyDelete